San Maternity Services
The San has assisted in the delivery and care of babies for over one hundred years. We are dedicated to making our mothers-to-be welcome and comfortable and to providing the very best of care from conception to birth and beyond.
We offer a wide range of birthing and parenting programs to ensure that you are well prepared for a new addition to your family. During your stay you will meet the dedicated team of doctors, midwives, mothercraft nurses, lactation specialists, physiotherapists and other health professionals committed to promoting your health and recovery by the best means available.
Our San Maternity Services & Facilities include:
- Women’s Ultrasound (including 4D)
- Diagnostic and therapeutic services including Pathology, Radiology, Physiotherapy and Dietitians
- Choices in Childbirth classes conducted by experienced childbirth educators, covering birthing and parenting
- Pre and Post-natal Aqua and Pilates classes
- Baby Care and Breastfeeding classes, recommended for when you are approximately 36 weeks
- Grandparent Classes
- Post-natal education including settling techniques, breastfeeding and baby bathing
- Social Workers, Chaplains, and a Clinical Psychologist (specialising in Women’s Health and Perinatal Care)
- Lactation Consultants available for pre and post-natal consultation
- 'Baby Friendly Caesarean Section' keeping mother, baby and partner together throughout the journey
- Well baby nursery staffed by midwives and / or mothercraft nurses
- Special Care Nursery
- Spa Delivery Suites and comfortable private rooms with ensuites
- Flat screen TVs, FOXTEL, and free wireless internet
If you have not yet chosen an obstetrician and would like to
have your baby at the San, you can search for an accredited San Obstetrician.
For general enquiries, tour bookings and further information about our
Maternity Unit, please email MaternityEnquiries@sah.org.au or phone 02 9487 9902.
If you would like to book in for your Maternity stay, please phone the Bookings Office on 02 9487 9903.
For an estimation of the costs associated with your Maternity stay, please phone the Patient Accounts Department on 02 9487 9903.
Please view our How To Find Us page for directions to SAH maternity unit.