Sydney Adventist Hospital has a special agreement with the Department of Immigration Australia to be able to offer Pre-qualified Business Sponsorship to nurses abroad. This has been developed for Australian employers to recruit, on a temporary basis, highly skilled staff from overseas. If you are interested in discovering the benefits of working in one of Sydney' most prestige private hospitals, the information included here may be of benefit to you.
If you are from abroad and would like to work in Australia, but are not a nurse, please visit the Department of Immigration Australia website to find out more about working visas.
Criteria for International Applicants (Nursing)
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the Long Stay Temporary Business Visa, sponsored by Sydney Adventist Hospital.
- Must be a registered nurse
- Must have or be immediately eligible for National registration with the Nursing and Midwifery board of Australia. Details on how to obtain a National registration can be found at www.ahpra.gov.au
- Must have 3 years full time experience in the relevant Specialty area
- Must have the ability to work full time on a rotating roster
- Must have worked in an acute care hospital within the last 12 months
- Must provide 2 written clinical references
- Must be available for a 12 month contract. Further time period may be negotiable.
If you are a nurse and you don’t meet all the criteria but feel that your application should be considered, we would be happy to review your application.