Once submitted on line, your application will be sent by NSW Health to the Hospital listed as your first preference and you will be contacted regarding a time and place for an interview.
Interview questions will be based on the selection criteria and ANMC Competencies. Questions do not test clinical knowledge nor contain drug calculations. All interview questions are open-ended and seek to assess your knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of a newly graduated Registered Nurse or Registered Midwife.
There will be up to 3 people on each interview panel.
A Pre employment assessment is a part of the recruitment process at Sydney Adventist Hospital.
All applicants will need to provide original documentation as follows:
• 100 points identification
• 2 recent references, one of which must be a clinical reference
• Immunisation record
All international students must also bring documented evidence of English Language skills to the interview (see Selection Criteria below).
• Eligible for registration as a nurse or midwife with the Nurses and Midwives Board of NSW prior to the agreed date for commencement of employment
• Recent completion of studies, or completion prior to commencement date of New Graduate Program
• Australian citizenship or a visa which permits employment in Australia. (New Zealand citizens residing in Australia who hold a current Special Category Visa are considered to have permanent residence status) There will be no sponsorship available for student visa holders
• Demonstrated high level of interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Overseas students must have documented proof of English Language skills equivalent to an IELTS academic 7 level
• Current clinical knowledge and clinical problem solving ability
• Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
• Understanding of EEO, OHS&R, infection control and continuous quality improvement principles
• Understanding of the professional, ethical and legal requirements of the Registered Nurse or Midwife
• Meets all Department of Health Immunisation requirements
Position Allocation Process
Following the interviews, applicants will be ranked using standardised criteria. Factors that impact on the allocation include:
• Interview rank
• Program preference
• Availability of a position in those preferences
• Your registration and the availability date
For further information on the recruitment or position allocation process through NSW Health for Graduate RN’s and RM’s click here to see their website or review their FAQ’s. Alternatively contact the New Graduate Coordinator at Sydney Adventist Hospital.
The position of Registered Nurse or Registered Midwife is paid in accordance with the Private Hospital Nurses’ and Midwives’ (Named Employers and New South Wales Nurses’ Association) Enterprise Agreement 2009-2011.