Facts & Numbers
What are the highlights?
- Expected to cost $181 million.
- Planning started more than 5 years ago.
- Commencement celebrated with an official Groundbreaking Ceremony - 23rd June 2011.
Benefits for our patients
- Provides approximately 25,000sqm additional Clinical Floor Space.
- Caters for an over 50% expected increase in demand for services between 2010/11 and 2026/27.
- Caters for an increase of 35,000 admissions per year, both overnight and same day.
- Increases inpatient bed numbers with provision for 200 new beds bringing the total number of beds to 558.
- Provision for an additional 12 new operating theatres to complement the existing 14 theatres.
- Additional Consulting Space with exact numbers to be confirmed.
- Establishes approximately 600 new car parking spaces increasing car parking capacity to an estimated total of 1900 carspaces (up from existing 1308).
- 1 tower and various mobile cranes will be operating on site during construction.
- 1000 construction workers will contribute to the redevelopment over the course of the 2½ year project timeframe.
- Will require approximately 7,800 construction hours to complete the redevelopment.
- Bulk excavation of approximately 45,945 cubic metres will be removed.
- Concrete in the order of 21,050 cubic metres to be supplied and placed.
- Reinforcement in the order of 2,630 tonnes to be supplied and installed.
- A significant number of job opportunities will be created as a result of the Redevelopment.