The San Renal Dialysis unit opened in 1983. The Unit operates Monday to Saturday with flexible appointment times allocated to suit our patients’ needs. As a part of an acute care hospital, the Renal Dialysis unit has 24/7 specialist renal physician cover, and gives patients convenient access to essential clinical services such as radiology, pathology and pharmacy, as well as ancillary services including social workers, dietitians, physiotherapists and wound care experts. Emergency care access is also provided 24 hours / 7 days a week. The San is well known for our holistic care, and our spiritual care services are also available.
Other features and benefits of the San Renal Dialysis unit include:
- Expert nurses
- Friendly, happy staff and high patient satisfaction
- New dialysis machines offering the latest technology
- Free access to TV, Wireless Internet, Foxtel, and car parking
- Disabled access
- No Gaps for dialysis, pathology and renal physician fees
- Spacious unit with pleasant outlook
- Comfortable, fully electric recliner chairs
- Personalised meals included in admission
- Carers support with annual forums and education provided
- Winner of the San ‘Clinical Excellence’ award in 2008, 2009, 2010
- Finalist in national APHA team excellence award in 2011
- Participant in ongoing research in renal disease
Low infection rates
The following machines and facilities are available at the San Renal Dialysis unit.
|Machines||Haemocontrol and HDF||Beds / Chairs|
|Gambro Artis||Low and High Flux||Beds: No / Chairs: Yes|
Management Staff & Visiting Nephrologists
The San Renal Dialysis Unit is staffed by experts in their field.
Dr Paul Collett, Director and Nephrologist
Ms Julianne Green, Nursing Unit Manager
Prof C George
Dr M Jardine
Dr J Nutt
Dr V Perkovic
Dr S Roxbourgh
Dr D Waugh
Sydney Adventist Hospital is offers accommodation for Australian and international visitors at Jacaranda Lodge, which is located within the hospital grounds.
For further information, or to make a booking, please contact our Renal Dialysis Unit by phoning (02) 9487 9161.
You can also fax the Unit on (02) 9487 9166 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.