Sydney Adventist Hospital (SAH) has extensive, diagnostic, medical, surgical and reconstructive services, supportive care and outreach services including an approved Hospital in the Home program. The range of services that SAH provides on site for patients with Breast Cancer is comprehensive and includes:
- Diagnostic Services including Breast Screening (provided at Fox Valley Medical Centre through Breast Screen NSW). X-ray, Ultrasound, Biopsies/needle aspiration, CT and Breast MRI provided by San Radiology.
- Breast Surgery - including biopsy, lumpectomy, mastectomy, axillary dissection / clearance, sentinel node biopsy and reconstructive surgery
- Nuclear Medicine services provided by Northern Nuclear Medicine at the San Clinic
- Chemotherapy in the San Day Infusion Centre or at Sydney Haematology and Oncology Centre located in Hornsby.
- Medical Oncology Services
- Multidisciplinary Breast Cancer Team
- Radiation Therapy provided by the Sydney Radiation and Oncology Centre
- San Pathology Services
- Palliative Care Services
- Physiotherapy provides help with the prevention and treatment of lymphoedema
- Social Workers can provide information on financial support, prosthesis or social issues.
- Our Cancer Support Service is well recognised across Sydney and provides information, education, counselling, support groups, the look good feel better programs, and prosthetics
- Jacaranda Lodge provides low cost, onsite accommodation for patients and their family from rural and remote areas who require radiation or other medical treatment at SAH
- Nutritional support through San Nutrition
- Australasian Research Institute (ARI) - for research and access to clinical trials
- A Breast Cancer Patient Navigator as your direct contact person for any questions regrading your care and management
Our Breast Surgery Booklet may provide you with more information about our services and answer some of your questions.